Ramadan Recipes, Ramzan Desserts, Dishes
Ramadan is the ninth month of Islamic Calendar. In this month, fasting is done from sunrise to sunset. This season begins with the first sight of the new crescent moon. People have food in the morning i.e. before sunrise which is known as Suhoor. Food and drinks are also consumed in the evening which is known as Iftar, and it is conducted after sunset. Here we will endow you with an impressive list of Suhor or Pre-Dawn Dishes, and Iftar or Dinner Delights.
As we know that Ramadan is all about spirituality but along with this, it also helps in tuning mind and body. Throughout this month people are very much involved in charity, Spiritual readings and get-together to meet up the family members and dine with them after a long day of fast. Traditionally it is observed that the fast is broken with dates and water which is Ramadan Dessert. Haleem & Nombu Kanji are also consumed to break the fast in some southern states.
Just after the evening prayers iftar is consumed and enjoyed with friends and family. Some people even host parties for other fast keeping people. A variety of Ramadan Dishes is prepared in these kinds of parties like Soups, Appetizers, Fruit Juices, etc. Several mouth-watering dishes are drawn up on this day like Sheer Kurma, Shahi Tukda, Samosa, Dum Biryani, Meat Appetizers, Veg Appetizers. Consuming healthy food is of prime importance during fasting days. Try to include fruit juices, vegetables, whole grains, eggs, lentil, lean meat, etc. It keeps the body highly rejuvenated and hydrated. Now let us have a look at the Ramadan Recipes which includes Iftar Recipes & Suhoor Delights.
List of Ramadan Desserts
- Watermelon Shake- To prepare this all you need is sugar, milk, watermelon, ice. Now place all the ingredients in the mixer, you can also add flavored ice cream for taste and blend it for 2-3 minutes until it becomes smooth. Pour it into serving cups and serve immediately.
- Basbousa With Almonds- For this, you'll be needing Nestle sweetened condensed milk, butter, baking powder. Also add semolina, ground almond, and stir well. When the mixture is ready, pour it into a baking tin which should be preheated at 190-degree celsius. Bake it for 35 minutes till the surface becomes golden. Take out from the tin and place it cool and cut pieces of diamond shape. After this, you can prepare the syrup by boiling water and sugar together after prolonged boiling adds rose water, ground almond and lemon juice on it. Pour this into a vessel and cool it. After cooling place the baked pieces on it.
- Halawat EL-JIBN- BIL-KISHTA- Soak cheese in regular temperature water for about 4 hours. Place Nestle Sweetened Condensed Milk, Corn Flour and Water into a large saucepan keep stirring while it boils to make a thick paste. After the dough becomes thick add blossom water. Now take the cheese and place it in a bowl and stir until it gets melted. After that add semolina and stir for 5-6 minutes. Place a plate over which sprinkle syrup and then put the dough of cheese and then cover it with sugar syrup. Roll the dough, so that gets entirely covered by the sugar.Mix the cooled mixture of cream to make it more smooth and add one tablespoon of it on each piece cut from the dough. Serve Halawat-e-Jibn with the remaining syrup.
- Strawberry and Anise Smoothie- For this, you'll be needing ice, strawberries, strawberry flavored ice cream. Put all this in in a blender. And blend it for 5 minutes until it becomes smooth. After it becomes thick and smooth, pour red coloring ice and blend again.
- Mafruka- First of all prepare syrup by combining Rosewater, sugar, water, and simmer on medium heat, until it thickens. Then take a saucepan and fry semolina in ghee. After that add one tin Nestle condensed milk and syrup followed by stirring. Keep the batter aside and let it cool for some time. Now spread the paste on a platter and garnish it with by spreading cream followed by nuts. Now let us have a look at the Ramadan Recipes made for Iftar and
Suhoor: Ramadan Recipes
The author is taken at the beginning of the day. The meal taken in the predawn is made simple but with enough fuel to get you through.Various Traditional Dishes are prepared on this eve which ranges from Omelets to Soothing Porridge. It involves different Ramada Recipes which are mentioned below.
Suhoor: Pre-Dawn Dishes
- Egyptian Feta Cheese Omelet Roll: It is covered with cheese and herbs are mixed in it. Everyone who has tried it loved it. Before laying the batter on the saucepan make it well greased else, you won't be able to take off its edges.
- Turkish Style Eggs: To prepare this, first mix garlic, yogurt and pinch f salt together and stir it well. On the other side take a large saucepan and combine water, vinegar and one teaspoon of salt, and boil it. After sometimes reduce the heat and break the eggs spacing them well apart. Cook it till the whites set over the yolks. Instantly after this remove the eggs and place it on a serving dish. Melt butter in a small saucepan followed by stirring it in paprika. Then put yogurt sauce over the cooked eggs and top it with paprika butter.
- Rice Pudding With Dates: To make this, place rice in a food processor or blender. Keep processing until it becomes coarse but should not be pureed. Transfer this batter to a saucepan and then stir it with milk, sugar, and dates. Cook this over low heat and stir it occasionally for about 20 minutes until it becomes more tender.
Iftar: the Dinner Delights
- Turkish Fish Stew: Put 3 cups of water to boil and stir in the couscous. After boiling let it cool for 5 minutes and remove the lid. On the other hand, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and then saute the onion and green pepper for about 5 minutes to make it a bit tender. Now mix in the garlic in the sauce gravy and keep doing saute for 2 minutes. After that add artichoke hearts and reserve liquids, capers, and olives. Besides this stir the tomatoes, lemon juice, wine and 1 cup of water to make it a bit thick. Season it with Red Pepper, Sumac Powder, Cumin, Basil, Pepper, and Ginger. Now bring this whole mixture to a boil and gradually add fish chunks in it. Finally, reduce the heat and simmer it for 10 minutes so that the fish can be easily flaked with a fork. Serve with couscous as the base.
- Harira: This soup is made in Morocco and followed by Moroccans to break their fast on every night of Ramadan. Season this soup with salt, pepper, cinnamon and mint leaves to taste. To make this you have to put lamb, cinnamon, black pepper, cayenne, ginger, celery, butter, onion, along with cilantro. Put all of these into a large saucepan and cook over low heat. Stir this mixture for at least 5 minutes. Now pour tomatoes into the mixture and simmer it for at least 15 minutes. Now take step 2 and pour lentils, 7 cups of water and tomato juice into a pot and boil it. Reduce the heat to simmer and let it cover for 2 hours. Just before serving add chickpeas and noodles into the soup and serve it.
- Berber Bread: To prepare this very very yummy snack, take flour and salt into a food processor. Pulse it to blend and then add oil and hot water to make it not stick to the sides. Now roll out the dough on a little bit flour and let it rest for a minute. Heat a large skillet and coat it with cooking spray. Fry piece by piece and then and flip it over till brown spots are observed on it. Cut the pieces into quarters.
Ramadan Recipes, Dishes, Desserts
So here we have mentioned a whole list of Ramadan Dishes and Ramadan Desserts. Try making it. Try making it more and more dishes to enjoy the delight. Hope you liked the Ramadhan Recipes mentioned here. Go charm the taste buds of your loved ones by making lovely recipes like this. Till then Stay Blessed and Happy Ramadan 2017.